
I just want everyone to know that this author never had children that i could find anywhere. hence, she does not struggle with takin children to the market, walking whereever she goes, taking her time to set the table and then wash up, prepare lavish meals that excite the senses or look at the stretch marks, drooping skin, giant nursing boobs, holding and sitting with a colicy baby etc. this list could go on and on. if i didn't have kids, my body would still be rockin like i was still engaged! but some how i got fat in all the places i was never fat before in my life and it just doesn't come off as easy with the little exercise i get, the kids being young, the horrible snow in the winter, the sick kids, husband in school and working full time etc.
The arrogance issue is the same anywhere. Americans are arrogant, french people are arrogant, japanese people are arrogant-think you get the idea. and i hate to burst her bubble but french women do get fat even with her fresh foods, german women get fat, asian women get fat, mexi's get super fat from all the lard and junk, and black people with their fried foods. so her book is pretty much based on her lifestyle and is very generalized. don't take it too much to heart. but on the other hand she makes very good points. love the food you put in your mouth. if you don't love it, don't swallow(that is from Ratatouille)I find myself eating out of stress & anxiety, but i also don't give in to the Hollywood THIN is in crap. all the pictures are photoshop anyway. Very few people look that good and are super thin. They actually make me sick. So enjoy life and don't worry about the few extra pounds. Be happy with who you are. If you really feel that you need to drop the weight then go ahead and do it, just don't miss out on life trying to do it! If only we lived in the days when HEALTHY thick women were desired and painted. I would have been TOP MODEL then!
PS her gaining weight in america was her own fault. NO ONE forced her to eat like a pig and not exercise!
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Sack o' Potatoes
Posted by Life with the Warrens at 3:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I actually laughed pretty hard when I saw the sack of potatoes. That is funny that she called herself that. And I agree with you about why she gained weight. She ate those cookies all by herself. You make a great point about all different cultures having their own pride for their country. I guess I would just prefer to hear that I'm a fat American from an American instead of a French woman who has never had any children and leads a very high class lifestyle. She does have some great advice (but nothing that we all didn't already know, in my opinion). Okay, I am with you on the healthy women paintings. I often wish for that style to come back in, as well.
You are so right about her gaining weight and come to think of it about not ever having kids! You're right it is much harder to lose the weight and have a rockin body after you've had kids (I've had 2) and you just find yourself getting fat....as I did. If you look at her picture in the back of the book she's not even model thin though which made me feel better she's just at a comfortable weight. So hopefully I'll have the willpower just this once to get rid of some of the weight I've been carrying for about 3 years now.
Post a Comment