CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

What you didn't like....

I was a fan of the book and author. But it seems that this book was not the style suited to everyone. So what were some of the things that you didn't like? What character did you connect with the most? Do you think you could like this book or try it again at another period of your life?

6 comments:

Cort said...

I most connected with Jo at first and then I really began to love Marmee and wanted to be a mother like her. I think what I didn't like was the plays, I would just lose interest so quickly. At least I made it as far as I did because I was in love with some of the lessons they learned about themselves and how they would try to remedy their weaknesses. Because I was able to connect to some of it, I really hope I can read it at a later time. I will definitely try. Maybe the movie will help me connect even more so that I'll want to read on for the art of it.

Anonymous said...

I think in some ways Jo- because by the time I usually get what I want, its not what I really wanted. But in other ways I like Beth. i hate when everything changes- even if its for the better.
The book is harder to get into especially if you have seen the movie- or at least it is to me. Although it helps to create the charactor in my mind because I just picture the actresses.
I love the old times though like where they have the big dances and socials to go to.
I think this is a book that you can read and get into when you have really nothing else on your plate.

Cort said...

Maybe that's what my problems was...too much on my plate this month.

Libby said...

Honestly, I couldn't relate personally to any of the characters all the way. I think they are just too good for me. I really respected how moral they were, and how hard they all tried to overcome their individual weaknesses and be the best that they could be. They were all so different, and yet striving to do what was right all the time. I so wish I had that same drive! But, alas, I can't say I am like any of them. :)
It really was a big book to take in, though. I really liked it, but it didn't suck me in like most books do. Usually I fly through whatever I am reading, but I found myself not really as hurried to get through this one. (Of course, that could be the 8 1/2 months pregnant part of me that can't do anything in a hurry anymore.)

April & Chris said...

I really liked the book. For me, I completely related with Aunt March... just kidding. I mostly related with Jo. I have never been very eloquent, graceful or proper. When things get overly serious, I usually try to lighten things up. However, she is much more blunt and vocal than I ever could be.

Life with the Warrens said...

It's funny but i don't think that it was very becoming of a lady to "lighten things up" with humor. things have changed so much in our time where that is acceptable now and almost expected for anyone to lighten a mood, regardless of the sex.