CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Am I The Only One?

Oh I swear I tried to like this book. I kept reading and reading and I finally did identify with one character and there were a few times I was enchanted but I just didn't enjoy it enough to keep reading. I just could not hold interest, I felt like I had A.D.D. and that it was taking too long to tell the story. I don't even know the story, I've never seen the movie and I didn't finish the book. But I do think I'll rent the movie, maybe I won't have A.D.D. if the story is told in 2 hours. It sucks too because I really wanted to read some classics in book club this year but this apparently was not the classic for me. Am I the only one?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

OMG! we are having a girls night and we are watching the movie! we'll have to do it in mom's room because we only have it on VHS, but no matter, it's a fantastic movie and so much easier to get than the book. I read the book after I had watched the movie and it really made a difference. Plus, it has Christian Bale!!! HOT...

Libby said...

I watched the movie with my kids and I think my 7-year-old daughter has a thing for Christian Bale now! She kept lamenting that if she were Jo, she'd TOTALLY have married Laurie and not "that old guy." :o)