CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Priceless Quote

I just barely started the book this month and I'm liking it too but I was completely laughing when I read this quote:
"Having a baby is like getting a tattoo on your face. You really need to be certain it's what you want before you commit."
I've heard a lot of good thoughts on the subject, but none so perfectly explained! Maybe because I had a terrible day with the kiddos yesterday or maybe because it's just pure truth. My mom used to tell me to make sure both parents wanted children because even when you both really want them - they're really hard. And I try not to be too hard on myself but 4 1/2 years into having kids, there are days I really look in the mirror wondering if I should have gotten that tattoo right on my face. I hope everyone else sees that occasionally too.

8 comments:

Life with the Warrens said...

honestly i think the tattoo would have been easier to get old with and wrinkly. these kids make it harder to want more. i think i am done having babies. plus i don't have to worry about my tattoo going out with boys or doing drugs or getting lost or abducted.

Brittany R said...

There are so many quotes in this book that I said out loud "yes, that is so true." while I was reading. I believe this was one of them.

Sarady said...

I guess I better go buy the book so I can be in on the funny quotes.

Here's my take on that opinion:

With Mya, I could be compared to an inexperienced teenager who thought getting a tatoo on her face would be so fun and she always wanted to get one. She doesn't for one second regret that decision, in fact, she loves it more that life itself. She just didn't anticipate all of the emotional up-keep required for a facial tatto.

Deciding when to have number two is the older, wiser adult who now looks at the tatoo and realizes there was a lot more to it than just "fun". She now understands the weightiness of getting another tatoo on her FACE. Even though she plans on getting a few more.

Brittany R said...

ALL Finished! I really liked it.

Cort said...

You go Britt! You're on quite a roll this year too (compared to the past few)!

Mugs said...

amen, amen, and amen!!!

Brittany R said...

Thanks. I'll eat it up while I can. I don't know if I'll be able get through Little Women next month. I'm gonna start reading a book about Autism treatment while on vacation. It's pretty thick and small type. So, I don't know how long it will take. If I'm gonna start to read again, I gotta read important stuff too.

Jenny said...

I loved that quote too!! Especially since I very recently decided, like her at age 30, that I'm surprisingly not ready for that tattoo on my face. I'm completely relating to this woman.

This book is full of priceless quotes!!