My name is Jen, I'm live in Utah with my husband of 5 years and our dog JJ. No kids yet, but we are hoping to adopt!
The book that started it all: We'll I guess I have more in common with Sarah than I even realized. The first book I couldn't get enough of was Remember Me by Christopher Pike. After that I read every book I could find of his. I even remember waiting for the next one to come out. (I think they were a little to raunchy for my young mind, no wonder I loved them.)
Favorite book: My all time favorite book is Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. Again a little raunchy, but it can't be too bad, we read it in high school. I love this book. You can read it here.
Recent favorite book is A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini.
Favorite childhood book: Any book by Gyo Fujikawa. They are all gorgeous, I loved the illustrations.
Favorite place/time to read: Well if I have the chance, I love to read on our porch at Bear Lake. That's the best. In a shady spot with a little cool breeze on a warm day. ahhhh....
At home I like to read in a nice warm to hot bath. Nice.
Which book are you most excited to read?: I'm excited to read Three Cups of Tea. I loved the reality based novels by Khaled Hosseini, so I'm excited to read something real. After reading A Thousand Splendid Suns I had such a desire to help, I'm excited to read about how someone did. How noble ;)
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Who I am...Jen G.
Posted by Jennie at 8:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
Jen, I noticed that you've read all the Christopher Pike books on Goodreads.com. That is so funny. Yeah, they were a little graphic (murder, love, deceit) for a middle/high-schooler. But they were so good. Which one was your favorite?
Oh, by far remember me. I was just in love with that book, in fact, it's one of the only one's I really remember. I think I still have them all at grandma's house...did you ever read that one?
Isn't Remember Me about the scuba diving and missing person? If so, yes. And I read that one after I read See You Later. I gave all mine to my cousin, who probably never read them and gave them to the Good Will or something.
Here is the books description:
When Shari Cooper awoke at home after being at her girlfriend's birthday party, her family acted like she wasn't there. They didn't hear a thing she said. They wouldn't even look at her. Then the call came from the hospital. Her father and brother paled. Her mother started to cry. Shari didn't know what was wrong. Not until she followed them to the hospital. There she found herself lying on a cold slab in the morgue. The police said that it was suicide.
Shari knew she had been murdered. Making a vow to herself to find her killer, Shari embarks on the strangest of all criminal investigations: one in which she spies on her friends, and even enters their dreams -- where she comes face-to-face with a nightmare from beyond the grave. The Shadow -- a thing more horrible than death itself -- is the key to Shari's death, and the only thing that can stop her murderer from murdering again.
oooooh, it makes me want to read it again ;)
By the by, I thought you might like to know that Amazon.com has that book ranked #5,556,348 on the best sellers list
Oh, I was thinking of Bury Me Deep. But now that you put that up about Remember Me, I remember, and I liked it. Hey, 5 million isn't that bad of a rank for a best seller.
That picture of "our best friends" sent me into an instant flashback. I don't have that book anymore but I loved it as a kid and I have three others of hers that I read to my kids. Man, I had completely forgot about that book until this very moment, thanks for the memory!
Oh I liked Brave New World too, even with all it's raunchiness. I couldn't put it down. Hey that's so cool about your plans to adopt.
Thanks! We are very excited!
I'm so excited you're in the club, since we don't do crafts anymore, we'll focus on "the finer things."
If only we could sample some cheese and fine wine on the site, that would be brilliant.
Happy Birthday Jen!
Happy Birthday, Joey!
Happy Birthday! You and my son have the same birthday. Groundhog's Day is such a great time for a birthday!
Post a Comment