CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 25, 2008

Hi, I'm Brittany

My dreams include traveling the world on someone else's expense account.

I live in Utah. I consider myself a stay at home mom. But a few days a month, I take a paid vacation. Its my job to pour coke and preform CPR (if needed) for passengers aboard a commercial airliner. AKA: Flight attendant.

I've only read one book, that I can think of, since my daughter was born. She's almost four. So, it's about time for me to start reading again. I take that back, I have read hundreds of board books, but they weren't for my reading pleasure.
The book that started it all: I never liked to read as a kid. As a matter of fact, I HATED it. My sophomore year of college a friend told me that I just needed to read the right book. He recommended The Alchemist by: Paulo Coelho. This was also the year that I got the travel bug. This book was like a dream to me. It was so enchanting. It's still my favorite book.

Favorite childhood book: See above.

Favorite Book: See above or right.

Favorite Time/Place to read: In a perfect world...I'd be on a beach, 78 degrees with a mild breeze. I'd be sitting in a nice cushy lounger with a big umbrella over head. No kids, No bugs, No sunburn. Just crashing waves and a bottomless diet coke with lots of ice and a slice of lime. In reality, the ONLY place I get to read a book is on the jump seat of an airplane, when I'm really supposed to be slinging peanuts.

Preferred book genre: I'm not really sure yet. All I know, is it better grab me within the first 50 pages, or I won't finish it. My time is to precious to waste on a book that I don't want to read.

Which book are you most excited to read? Eat Pray Love. I have been dreaming of Italy my whole life. So, I have no problem reading about it.

4 comments:

Sarady said...

Hey Brittany, nice to meet you. I'm so glad you're here. Oh, and I agree 150% about the perfect beach world for reading. I have never heard of The Alchemist. Is it a novel? What is it about?

-Sarah

Brittany R said...

I like to think it's a fable. It's a story about a young spanish boy who is in search of his destiny. He travels through egypt and has many great experiences along the way. It's really a book about following your dreams. It's a good "book group" type book. Seeing that our list is so long already...maybe next year.

Cort said...

Hey don't I know you? I think the Alchemist looks good too, maybe we will have to add it to the list next year! Wow, you're going from one book in the last 4 years to who knows how many this year! Maybe you need a trip to Hawaii purely for reading. Maybe you'll have to settle for the Cali coast.

Mugs said...

Oh I'm so with you on the bottomless diet coke with the lime slice!