My name is Tanya Warren and I live in the Vo. Provo to be exact. I have read many books. So many that I have forgotten how many. My family was very into reading so I got a great start by watching my parents. My mother reads more books than anyone I know. Including all kinds of reads like magazines, newspapers, books, scriptures, doctors forms etc. you get the picture. My kids love reading even if they turn the pages faster than i can actually read. Now my husband reads so many that i constantly begging for his attention. no matter how much lingerie i wear, if that book is good, then it is pointless to try! Plus I am a regular at the used book store. In fact I trade so many that he finally told he wouldn't take anymore on a certain subject for a long time! hahaha i am a total bookworm!
The Book That Started it All: Most likely the Babysitter's Club. I had the whole series and secretly wanted to one of the club. Also as I started to make money from babysitting, I was allowed to walk to the mall and buy the whole Young Indiana Jones series. I loved it! Don't forget the Sweet Valley Twins either.
Fave Book of all time: That is tough. Especially if it is a series. I love Harry Potter. Plain and simple. But on a more mature note I cried for days when I read that Robert Jordan died. I love the Wheel of Time books. I even decided what type of character i would be if i could live in that world. I even know the name for a baby boy if I had one. It would be Perrin from the WOT books. crazy huh? don't anyone steal that name or i will come after you. So if i picked a single book it would either be Reindeer Moon or The Good Earth or Lorna Doone. Fantastic books. Check them out at your earliest convenience.
Fave Childhood Book: Mostly like Summer of My German Soldier and How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight. I read that first book so many times from my public library that they almost gave me the book!
Fave Place to Read/Time to Read: When the kids are in the tub. They ignore me and I ignore their splashing! I just make myself comfy on the potty and read my heart out.
Preferred Book Genre: That would most likely have to be FANTASY/SCIENCE FICTION. But I do love a great love story and girly books too. It is has to have a battle of sorts, all be it love or power, plus romance and adventure.
Which Book are you Most excited to Read: Probably French Women Don't Get Fat. That title just cracks me up.
With that in mind, I hope everyone enjoys the books as much as I plan on doing. Here's to a wonderful, new relationship with us and our books!! Here Here! Capital Capital!




9 comments:
Ahh Tanski, you are such a great addition to the club. I've always loved your take on things so you in the club makes my year!
Hi Tanya, Just wondering, is that painting of you? Is that what it looks like when you are trying to get your husbands attention? If it's any consolation, I think your hot!
I'm glad everyone but me is a self proclaimed bookworm! Maybe I can be the balance in the group. I'll do my best, but please keep you expectataions low!
It's true. Your mother has more books than is humanly possible, if that's possible. And Jer-ber is quite the bookworm, too. I've never met anyone who can read while they're driving, but Jeremy can. Maybe you should dress up as a book--that might get his attention. Oh and thanks for reminding me about The Sweet Valley girls. I forgot about that. I might have to ammend that on my post. I read Sweet Valley High books in 5th grade and I read them all. Glad you're here!
yes that is what i look like when i am trying to get my husband's attention. except this is me ready to drown in a dungeon and the rats are starting to climb up onto me and the bed. pretty desperate huh?
Tanya. I was sooooo into babysitter's club too. When I first started the books I wanted to be Claudia. Then I wanted to be MaryAnn. Then I was all about Dawn. Those were great reads!
i wanted to be claudia too. she was my first fave!
Who would ever say reading harry potter to your kids is bad?
lots of retarded fanatical people who can't figure out what is fact and what is fiction. get a grip on reality folks! not you guys just other people. ps if that makes me a wizard lover, then heck i have been one all my life and i love it!
Post a Comment