
Hello Ladies! So, I'm Sarah (and "cupcake Jenny's") cousin. I live in Western Washington & am married with 3 kids. I have an 8 year old who likes to devour books (I'm trying to stay a few ahead of her, but right now I'm trying to catch up to her on the Lemony Snicket books... since I got a bit sidetracked with another book group & other books). Some of those other books are the Magic Tree House books, which I've been reading with my 5 year old. He's learning to read & it's so amazing and exciting to watch him learn! My 1 year old loves to read lately & her favorite is to "read" chapter books (like everyone else) and then tell me the story about them. She thinks she's so grown up! So here's the rest of the stuff about me... it's not that exciting.
The book that started it all: I'm not sure, maybe Little House in the Big Woods or the Beverly Cleary books?
Favorite book: Maybe Travels by Michael Crichton -it's been a while, but I remember really enjoying it. Or Maybe the Bourne books by Robert Ludlum. Or... honestly I have too many favorites.
Favorite childhood book: The Boxcar Children books by Gertrude Chandler Warner. I used to devour these & they always made the bad stuff seem way more bearable!
Favorite place/time to read: Outside, on a sunny day, alone & in a really comfy lounge chair or a blanket. Next best is on my love seat by the window (with sun coming through, of course) and the window cracked so I can hear our waterfall in the background.
Preferred book genre: I also love the self-help books, fantasy & really anything that will make me feel like I'm a million miles away for just a few hours!
Which book are you most excited to read?: Really, Jane Eyre because I just finished the Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde. I know I'm doing it backwards, but now I feel I should read that one. Next, would be Pride and Predjudice, because my sisters seem to think you can't be a real girl without reading & seeing it.
I look forward to getting to know you guys! Happy Reading!
Friday, January 25, 2008
Hello! I'm April.
Posted by April & Chris at 10:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
That's so funny that you're not a real girl until you read Pride and Prejudice. I guess I'm not a real girl yet, either. Oh, Laura and Rachel... (you should tell them to join, too). And I'm so glad you joined. We still need to make it to your house. I would love to see it and see this cool waterfall. P.S. You're children are going to be geniuses with all the reading they're doing. I was so shocked when I read in your Christmas card that Skyler already read the whole Harry Potter series. That's so cool.
glad to hear that someone else thinks reading harry potter to their kids is good for them!
Nice to meet you, so glad to have someone I know nothing about join the club, this is going to be so fun!
Oh! A waterfall in the background? If we ever get to have a book club in person I know where I want to have it!
Really, the waterfall isn't that exciting... it just sounds cool. However, the little trickling water is nice and relaxing for reading.
I kind of feel like a waterfall would be an excellant place to meet for a book club meeting! Road trip!!
Come on up, it'd be fun... but you will be sadly disappointed in regards to the waterfall!
:D
Oh, but you must bring your delicious cupcakes along!
Oh, but you must bring your delicious cupcakes along!
Post a Comment