
I know this month was supposed to be Catcher in the Rye, and believe me, I tried, but I strayed--again.
First, let me just say that I did read a little bit of C in the R. I opened it up on about 10 different occasions, but I only got to about page 20. The parts that I did read so far have been kind of funny. I like the style that J.D. Salinger uses to write this book. I truly like how he just says what's on his mind. So, I'm looking forward to finishing, but I don't know exactly when that will be.
(By the way, I hope no one is letting the fact that they may not have read the book keep them away from posting or commenting on posts. Sheesh, I am one of the ones who initially started this thing and I've only read a few of the books. So, please, jump on in!)
Okay, now on to The Host. If you don't already know, Stephenie Meyer (author of the Twilight series) has come out with her first adult novel. It has nothing to do with the Twilight series, so if you read Twilight and maybe didn't like it, this one still might be worth checking out. I would love to discuss this, but I don't want to give away any spoilers. So let me just say this: It is very creative. I think Stephenie has proved (to me, at least) that she has a very beautiful and complicated mind, but she knows how to get it down on paper.
This book is a science fiction novel, but it's not really that "sci-fi." There's a little romance, a little action, a little drama. I will say that it started slow for me, but once I got about a 1/3 of the way through, I couldn't put it down. Basically, aliens have invaded Earth and they've taken over the human bodies (the "hosts"). Don't worry, that wasn't a spoiler; it's on the cover. I would most definitely recommend this one.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Book Club Rebel...
Posted by Sarady at 7:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I am trying to hold out on The Host until I can download it in Audible (it's not up there yet!) but I'm getting impatient!! :)
It's pretty good. I bet you like it. Also, I hope you don't mind that I swiped a picture from your flickr. You look so cute in this picture. Your eyes are gorgeous!
I've always loved your rebel ways Sarah. I read The Host as well. I loved it, it was fun. Some parts seemed to drag for me, so I found myself annoyed when I couldn't just put it down. Odd combo, anywho, I'd love to discuss sweety :)
I'll have to put this on my long long list of books to read.
i am trying to hold off until i get done with eclipse. i don't want to pick up another book when my shiny, new hardcover special edition book is waiting so patiently, and longingly for me to caress its spine endlessly.
Just barely finished listening to it. LOVED IT. You're right, Sarah, she is so incredibly creative.
And thanks for the compliment! I only now just read it! :)
Post a Comment