Please email either Sarah or I some books you'd like to read so we can come up with the reading list for this year.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Here's how our Finer Things Book Club works: Each month, we will have one book to read and all members will post their thoughts and one thought-provoking question. We like creativity! Do not feel obligated to read a book that you dislike. Please be respectful of others' opinions about the books. This is supposed to be fun!"
Please email either Sarah or I some books you'd like to read so we can come up with the reading list for this year.
Posted by Cort at 9:55 AM
9 comments:
some books i'd like to read this year are :
Treasure Island
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Robin Hood and His Merry Men
Nicholas Nickleby
Right now i am in the middle of "Little Women"
Here is a suggestion:
"Eat, Pray & Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert
It looks pretty good!
I'm just so happy to get going...I don't care what we read! Although , I think I would love, love, love to re-read Tale of Two Cities. I guess that would be my only addition to the list. I'm so excited to get to know everyone. This is like a traveling book club! I get to be part of it no matter where I am!
These are not in order, just some I've wanted to read:
Catcher in the Rye - salinger
Eat Pray Love = Gilbert
The Crucible
Moby Dick
Come on People - Bill cosby
Three Cups of Tea:One mans mission to promote peace one school at a time - mortenson
Kite Runner - Hosseini
Fast Food Nation - Schlosser
MiddleSex - Eugenides
Called: Hello, this is Mrs Jeffries, I hear you've been hijacked
Fatu Hiva - Heyerdahl
Man's Search for Meaning
Here are some books that I would be interested in:
Little Women
Pride and Prejudice
Jane Eyre
The Secret Garden
A Tale of Two Cities (nice choice, Camille)
Charlottle's Web
Matilda
Nicholas Sparks books (I know, cheesy)
The Crucible (good one, Cort)
Breaking Dawn--in August
Basically anything that we could get at the library or for less than $5 is fine with me. If it is a really good book worth buying, then I am game.
I also like self-help/self-improvement books, but I don't know of any good ones right now.
Hmmm. I don't even know where to start. I would like to read Three cups of tea by greg mortenson. I LOVE everyones suggestions, this is going to be great!
here's a self help one- French women don't get fat. that looks pretty fun.
oooh! " The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles" by Steven Pressfield
Recommended by my Photo Vision teacher. I read some of it and loved what I read, I would love to finish it.
Post a Comment