CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hi, I'm Sara



A bit about me?
I live in the Portland, Oregon area with my husband, my almost 4 year old daughter Lola and my 2 year old son Luke. In addition to being full time mommy and wife, I also work full time at Nike. I got invited to be a part of this book club by Brittany, my sister in law.

The book that started it all?
I honestly can't think of one book that started it all for me. I have enjoyed reading for as long as I can rememer. Maybe it was Ramona Quimby age 8 or maybe it was the way my third grade teacher (Mrs.White) would read aloud to us The Boxcar Children.

Favorite Childhood book?
To Kill a Mockingbird - okay, so I was in Jr. High when I read it but it is still one of my all time favorites. Maybe this is the book that started it all?!

Favorite Book?
Another tough question. Emma Who Saved My Life is really high up there for me. I wish I could say it was a great novel of our time, but it really isn't. I also really like any book by Marion Keyes - again I wish I could say that she was one of the great authors of our time and she is - but she writer chick lit! I also really liked A Thousand Splendid Suns and Kite Runner.

Favorite time/place to read?
Like most of the rest of you, it would be somewhere warm and tropical with no kids needing my attention. Since that just doesn't happen, my favorite time and place to read is on my couch, under my down throw, in my jammies after the kids are in bed and the hubby is watching sports.

Preferred Genre?
I like quick reads that easily grab my attention - I read mostly chick lit. I do also like some period pieces (I am trying to finish Attonement) and I love Little Women. Suspense will also work for me (I also grew up reading Christopher Pike and R.L. Stine).

Most Excited About?
I'm not sure yet. I haven't looked at all of the books yet.

6 comments:

Cort said...

To Kill a Mockingbird is not only a big book in our house, it's a big movie. If I ever had a girl, or anymore children for that matter, I want to name her Scout. Glad to see word of our club is passing & glad you're here. Now I can see where all Mira's Nike stuff is coming from!

Sara and Jonn said...

I am pretty sure that Mira has more Nike stuff than either of my kids! John and Britt are good about finding the cute outfits and shoes for her. I just don't think about it (except for shoes) for my kids.

Sara

Life with the Warrens said...

hey welcome to the club. I am sure you will like all the books that are currently selected. I am pysched to get to know so many new peeps.

Sarady said...

Hi Sara. Welcome to the book club. Spread the word to your friends, too. The more the merrier, I say. So how do you like Portland? My husband and I are big fans of Cannon Beach (and Portland).

-Sarah

Brittany R said...

Sara, I'm glad you joined us. I thought you might be into an online book club.
Sarah, I'm originally from Portland. I miss it tons!

Mugs said...

We are going to get along just swimmingly, Sara! Three cheers for Ramona Quimby and To Kill a Mockingbird.