
No that isn't a typo in the title. I must admit I have been to Fast food places during my 30 years on this earth and I have never felt "good" after eating there but felt some kind of weird food ecstasy from all the chemicals, sugar and salt. I am cheating with this month's book. Jeremy and I started watching Super Size Me last night and I honestly wanted to stay up super late and watch the whole thing. I was totally shocked. But seriously I don't know why. I see McDonDon's all the time and other joints that just try to get you to buy their product and in return they give you heart disease. Hopefully I will get the book. I am not sure how much different it is from the movie so those of you reading it must let me know.
*side note- I didn't get a chance to go to the library and get the Secret Garden but it was a childhood favorite. I still remember it and love the trials they face and how they overcome them. Everyone one of us should have a "secret garden" in our lives. it doesn't have to be a literal garden but a place where we can go to reflect on God's love and creation. We should be able to meditate and learn and grow just like the children did in this book.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Fat Food Nation
Posted by Life with the Warrens at 11:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Super size me isn't the Fast Food Nation book, I think there's a Fast Food Nation movie. I loved the movie Supersize me, it really affected my life. I actually keep track in my head how many times a month my family eats fast food and limit it to once a week, even then, that's a lot.
Post a Comment