Am I the only one that read The Kite Runner? Well, I loved it! It was a little too full circle for me but I still loved it. This is the only book that I've ever read and then went and saw the movie. I see why people are always disappointed in the movies. It didn't capture nearly the emotion of the people and didn't make you feel and understand the struggle in Afghanistan. If you haven't read the book, please do. I was afraid because some people told me it was too dark or too violent but I didn't feel that way reading it. I thought it was tastefully done for the story. I loved the story so much I read his other book A Thousand Splendid Suns and loved it even more. These are on the top of my list for favorite reads this year.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Thanks for your review! I checked it out from the library, then my husband saw it laying on the chair and he said, "That's a really graphic, violent book. Are you sure you want to read it?" So then I was afraid to read it. He hadn't read it so I'm not sure what he was basing his comment on. Maybe just from the synopsis on the cover. Now I'll put it back on my list, with about a dozen other books I've been meaning to read. . .
I read both books for August just have been in the process of moving and such and didn't get a change to message about it. Loved the kite runner and am going to read a thousand splendid suns. I watched the kite runner movie too and it was actually pretty good. Breaking dawn was pretty good as well...I totally knew she was going to get prego....where else was the story going to go? I loved it all though. Great series!
Post a Comment